Saurashtra Cement Limited
Code of Conduct for Affirmative Action.
1. Saurashtra Cement Limited affirms the recognition that its competitiveness is interlinked with the well being of the Indian society.
2. Saurashtra Cement Limited believes that equal opportunity in employment for all sections of society is a component of its growth and
competitiveness. It further believes that inclusive growth is a
component of growth and development of the country.
3. Saurashtra Cement Limited affirms the recognition that inclusion of socially and economically disadvantaged SC and ST in the workplace has a positive impact on business.
4. Saurashtra Cement Limited will not practice nor support conscious discrimination in any form.
5. Saurashtra Cement Limited does not bias employment away from applicants belonging to socially and economically backward SC & ST sections of society if such applicants possess competitive skills and job credentials as made public.
6. Saurashtra Cement Limited's selection of business partners is not based on any considerations other than normal business parameters. In case of equal business offers, Saurashtra Cement Limited will select a business partner belonging to socially and economically backward SC /ST communities.
7. Saurashtra Cement Limited has/ will have a written policy statement on Affirmative action in the workplace.
8. Saurashtra Cement Limited has/ will place its employment opportunities on its website to encourage applicants from socially and economically backward SC and ST communities.
9. Saurashtra Cement Limited will make all efforts to the extent possible for upgrading the skills and continual training of employees from SC and ST communities in order to enhance their capabilities and competitive skills.
10. Saurashtra Cement Limited has / will have a partnership programme with educational Institution/s to support and aid students from socially and economically backward communities.
11. Saurashtra Cement Limited has / will have a Senior Executive accountable to the CEO to oversee and promote its Affirmative Action policies and programs. The Senior Executive presents / will present a biannual report to the Board of Saurashtra Cement Limited about such policies and programs.
12. Saurashtra Cement Limited will maintain records on actions relating to the Affirmative action.
13. Saurashtra Cement Limited makes available it's learning and experiences on promotion of social equality at work place to other companies, desiring to incorporate such policies in their own business
14. Saurashtra Cement Limited shall extend its cooperation to the best of its abilities to the initiatives taken by other institutions, agencies and organization to implement the broader aspects of the Action Plan.
Prepared on: 17th July 2008 Director - HR